Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OH THE HORROR!

After work I spotted the first insect horror of the year - a praying mantid. It was perched on my recyclables bin I just hauled in from the curb. *shudders* Those critters are the second scariest things on the planet. The mantid was pale green and stood hunched backwards like a master ninja poised for the kill. Gads, mantids are spooky.

Mind, it is a tad embarrassing to admit it gave me a chill. The creature was a new hatchingling. Come to think on it, on recalling the beast, I must admit the word miniscule comes to mind. The mantid was not quite up to the size of this letter ----> T.

I know, I know - I need to grow a spine.