Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, March 30, 2007

Battlefield - the Gulag Garden under attack

Damn, damn, DAMN!

Yesterday after work I walked along my front flower beds with the idea of gloating over the beautiful little Hosta seedlings I planted a week ago. My jaw dropped - my poor seedlings looked like Swiss Cheese - numerous holes in the leaves.

I was horrified by the holes, but holes beat out what happened to the Blue Mountain variety. Two of the three seedlings I planted were eaten by the snails, right down to the soil line. Apparently in snail-speak the word for candy is 'Blue Mountain Hosta'.

Oh yeah... and I put down the snail bait all right. Don't worry none about that!

2 comments:

  1. Where's your diversion plant. Norma?BK,NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma? BK,NY?

    AHA! Is that you Mr. thyinspector????

    ReplyDelete