Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Monday, February 18, 2008

Winged Dirt Clods

After a visit to Grass Valley yesterday, I was on my way home. Got got a call from Don. He was on his way back to the Bay area and had stopped in Solano County to track down some interesting feathered clods of dirt.

I thought that was worth the drive, so I headed for Solano county; the place where the term ‘boondocks’ probably got its start. There, near a sign that recommended ‘Enjoy California Lamb’, I found the mobile dirt clods, that is, a large flock of Mountain Plovers.

Flock of Dirt Clods


Closer Look


Mountain Plovers! You're sure that's not a dirt clod there, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment