Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tree Sap

Thought I should provide some of the documents I've mentioned earlier. First up, the 1930 U.S. Census; a snap shot of my Mother's family when she was a wee 7 year old. Click on these photos for readable blow-ups.

The Carters are on the bottom left. I wish they'd used typewriters to record this stuff. Still, it's in better shape than the 1920 Census, which I'll post as soon as I get a proper copy of it.

Next up, my mother's father's U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, from 1942. This registration was called the "old man's registration" because it covered men born from April 28, 1877 to February 16, 1897 and men between 45 and 64 yrs, and not already in the military.

1152 Union Avenue! The Bronx address long engraved in the heart of all true Carters

No comments:

Post a Comment