Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Shackles Drop, the Real Works Begin

Waking early this morning my first thought was, "I retired yesterday?"

My answer to myself was "Yes."

Yesterday I left nearly 30 years of State service with as little fuss and fanfare as possible and I find myself FREE!

So, naturally no sooner had I fled downtown Sacramento, then felt the need to celebrate with a bit of nature. Went to Pioneer Park to see what the vernal pools are up to.


Pink Checkerblooms spill through the vernal pools


A cheery Yellow Brick Road of tiny yellow Goldfields


A shame you can't make out the Valley Tassels or purple Vetch


White Hyacinth are scattered around the meadows

Not quite as splashy as 2 years ago but I must say it's a pretty good show at any rate. Now! I'm up. I have my coffee, and I see what a crap state my house & yard are in after weeks of neglect. I think I know what my first retirement project is. Now. Where is the vacuum cleaner? Probably under that pile of junk I brought home from the office. Wills & Kate, you think YOU'RE having a big day? Think again!

[Right. Management throws in the towel on that one.]

1 comment:

  1. I am always so impressed that you know the names of all the flowers and the birds! Me, I know nuthin....
    I will miss our exchange of silly stuff at work, but since I've moved closer to you I expect to be seeing you more than in the past.
    Enjoy the housework! I'm still unpacking and organizing.

    ReplyDelete